Heat Pump Servicing – Just like your car, all Heat Pumps and Air Conditioners need regular maintenance to ensure a long operating life. Heat Pump Manufacturers recommend the units in your home have a full service carried out on an annual basis. This keeps them running efficiently and quietly.
Residential Heat Pump & Air Conditioner Servicing
An annual Heat Pump service by Campbell Electric & Refrigeration will thoroughly clean and check your indoor & outdoor units. We are happy to service units that we haven’t installed and can set up a quick set & forget annual Heat Pump Service reminder for you.
A full Heat Pump Service with us includes:
- Hydro clean & disinfecting the indoor unit to prevent bacteria build up on the coil and throughout the unit
- Clean the indoor units filters, vanes and outer covers
- Check the condensate drain, flushing with disinfectant and unblock if required
- Check electrical terminals and components for signs of soot
- Run the unit in both heating and cooling mode to check air-out temperatures
- Check the outdoor unit base and ensure the unit is level and secure
- Check for obstructions in and around the unit, coil, drain and electronics to improve efficiency and performance
- Check flare joints and fittings
- Tighten valve caps, check electrical connections
- Check and clear coil
- Check refrigerant pressures are satisfactory on both heating & cooling
- Clean the outside of the casing
- Inspect for presence of insects and vermin in case of damage to the electronics
- At Campbell Electric & Refrigeration we also recommend that filters are cleaned approximately every three months. This can be easily done by you, or for those that are unable to for any reason, we can also regularly clean the filters for you. Read our handy guide on cleaning your Heat Pump filters here.
By regularly servicing your Heat Pump you will keep it running efficiently and in optimum condition. This can extend the life of your Heat Pump system and provide years of warmth & comfort. Request a Heat Pump Service today using our handy form, or give us a call on 03 442 4441
Commercial Heat Pump & Air Conditioner Servicing
Commercial Heat Pump and Air Conditioning systems typically need a full service every three to six months as these units are used on a daily basis and so require more attention. However service frequency depends on the operational environment and how much dirt and dust builds up in the unit.
We can set up a regular service contract with handy reminders to save you time and breakdowns. Get in touch to find out more.
Our expert Heat Pump servicing / maintenance technicians are regularly working in Queenstown, Arrowtown, Wanaka and Cromwell. We will contact our existing customers by email when your service is due.